Are you a STAY AT HOME MOM? Even if you work at home, school at home, whatever it is… you’re a SAHM, and proving your value is something I’ve had to do, all along, in marriage and to myself. so here it went…
when you have a series of dumbdays in a row, you have to start making lists of what you have accomplished. you must. because even in the midst of wasted time and boredom, shit is getting done.
so here. not in chronological order, because memory is tricky like that.
- moved a basketball hoop from the neighbors trash bin into my driveway, so we can have one that is not broken. and the boys are psyched, and they even played outside because of it. health! wellness! mom is so strong! FREE STUFF! VICTORY DANCE!!
- got an editing job, completed it, got paid. by someone in Brazil, because the world is just wild, so wild…
- laundry. boy stuff.
- hugs, boy stuff. girl stuff.
- convinced the girl it was the ‘right’ day for wearing costumes to dance. sent her off with her grandmother.
- spent time talking to my mother about covering furniture cushions. i cannot conceive of having time or desire to do that.
- took a kid to soccer practice.
- worried about a friend.
- took a bath. praise be to god.
- washed dishes.
- finished an editing job, proofing a romance novel that is ‘clean’, which means its okay for conservative christians. part of me can hardly believe that there are more than 40 of those in the entire world. i am naive and sheltered in my liberal corner of things. but i liked the story.
- applied for 3 more jobs online, but it seems like i’m getting more and more now, so i actually expect replies.
- talked on the phone to a friend.
- ate a lot.
- made dinner spur of the moment between dance prep and soccer practice.
- went to a basketball tryout at 8:30 at night with a kid-in-the-wings who is usually asleep at that point.
- consoled a kid who was so wiped out by his efforts on the basketball court that he instantly got a headache that made him nauseous and is now still recuperating in bed, while he should be at school.