So. if one realizes that she is setting up dates just to avoid doing stuff by herself, then what?
should something be shifted?
STUPID ONLINE DATING again. and what it makes you think about.
- i had two dates this weekend. technically three, but we mutually cancelled the third because it was too much of a hookup connection and that is easy, but not what i am looking for currently. boy*..it was nice that it was mutual, he’s probably a nice, but randy fellow.
- i don’t really want to have two dates again this weekend. at the end of it all, i felt like my weekend had sort of been hijacked by the experience. could’ve been the three sports events too… but sunday lunch getting the kids and being wiped out isn’t really my bag.
- one of the dates was really nice. i would have liked to be invited out to dinner by him. he plants trees. no invite yet. and none coming. boy.**
- the other date was also nice, but definitely an incompatible situation, and thats where i have to stop to maintain graciousness.
- so, what? i’m… what? why do i feel like i need to make decisions? like, Decisions? wild directional changes because of a mundane and uninteresting weekend?
*can’t tell you how long its been since i ‘decided’ not to go for the easy. damn. easy is way more fun than ego-bruising curiosity games.
**RESILIENCE!! ….it takes me a good ten hours to get my ego back to a good spot (it being one of the first times i ever didn’t get a second date request…) … ten hours and then i can honestly say that it doesn’t have to do with me, as much as it does with him, what he is looking for and what he wants for his life, whatever that may be. during that ten hours, though? boy.* i am full of the suckitude and the fears. am i too fat now? am i not as funny as i think? am i too much of a mom? too much? too much? too much?
*** unconnected asterisks*** all the men i’ve had first dates with? it wasn’t about them, either. it was about me. and what i can handle, or not, or how much ‘drama’ i foresee in my pretend mind…. and some of them were really nice, and good. wanting a second date sucks. thats where the hard stuff actually is. (but also some more fun stuff.)
i want the fun stuff. I WANT THE FUN STUFF!