I went through one old journal, the one i was using for a current project when I realized its first pages were of two years past. there is little to no chronology in this thing, and its gotten a few pages of work notes thrown in, as well as notes i took while listening to something regarding cybersecurity, so it was a while back now. (i still can’t look at my old blog. sigh)
and i am here to share. I highlighted with the marker i had at hand, so the notebook itself has a new layer of color, which makes me happy.
here we go, favorite to possibly irrelevant… writing highlights…
- what a woman is most interested in is INTEGRITY. (oh man. yes.)
- endure. endure. endure. the best and most holiest of words.
- hands covered in oil pastel
- rattletrap of daily life
- expectation has never done me any favors
- i’m able to shut off an old memory, in a healthy way, recognizing it for an echo of familiarity rather than a re-hash.
- what if i’m not found on the map?
- water is not clean, ever. it is a carrier of things.
- as beaches go, these are the males of the species.
- Mary Oliver: I have wrestled with the angel and I am stained with light and I have no shame. (god bless god bless)
- i was just day to daying and there was nothing beyond the kitchen sink.
- the richness I give because of the marrow of my bones.
- kitchen sink dreams
- fraught with domesticity.