Maybe i should be looking for sanctuary. And therein a prompt. How do you seek your sanctuary? Really. Tell me. TELL ME YOURS.
- In some ways i feel like this is a trick. Like, how i seek my calm, my center… hasn’t been stretched beyond imagining in this past 9 months? Like a bath does it for me anymore?
- When I can remember or gather my strength, going outside is very good. If there is sun, its so much better. Getting a chance to define dapple, over and over.
- Some of these things are things i remember from a distance, because i don’t have that strength or that gathering force. Walks with music used to remind me who I am, what stirs me musically being so particular.
- I am deeply satisfied by writing. I’m also deeply satisfied by sharing the writing. I don’t know how to examine that further, or if I should be making judgements on it. Today I am going to say no. or actually, just not during this hour to type. I’m sure I’ll spend the rest of the day judging it.
- My kid sings the most beautiful version of “Sanctuary” . It is spooky beautiful and maybe has made me cry once.
- Sometimes it means snuggling my kids, and sometimes it means being by myself, with them away. Both are so enriching, so affirming.
- Today I’m really tired. I did get heat back. My neighbor taught me how to light the pilot light. I did host the three littles for the birthday. I did fall asleep in my clothes with my little at 9. I’m still just wiped. I sent off the writing I’m scared of. The boys are depressed by remote learning and I’m dealing with body humor all the time. If I see ONE more ass hanging out, I tell you. The next birthday takes place somewhere else and I’m set. Basically, now I wait for January. I’m going to stop here because I’m just too meh.